Posted on Friday, July 13th, 2018 at 8:45 am by Richard
Rubies are stunning gemstones known for their vibrant red color. They are the red version of the mineral corundum. In fact, all corundum is sapphire except when it is red. Along with sapphires, emeralds and amethysts, rubies are considered a cardinal gem. Rubies can be found all over the world, including in Myanmar (formerly Burma), Africa, Australia, Thailand and the United States.
Here are a few fun facts about rubies:
- It is a traditional gift for the 15th or 40th anniversary.
- Rubies are extremely strong, like sapphires, and only slightly softer than diamonds.
- The most precious rubies are those with a full, rich red color with just a hint of blue tones.
- Rubies without imperfections are exceptionally rare and can have a price tag higher than diamonds of a similar weight and quality.
- Rubies are usually associated with the vibrancy of life and passion of love.
- The ruby zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Rubies possess properties such as protection, strength and courage, which is why many warriors wore them into battle.
- Royals wore rubies because of their powers and ability to enhance wisdom.
- Rubies can bring about happiness, harmony, success and contentment.
- Many believe rubies have healing powers as they increase blood circulation, purge toxins and revitalize energy.
To care for your rubies properly apply a mixture of mild liquid soap and warm water and gently scrub your rubies using a soft toothbrush. Immediately rinse with clean warm water and dry with a lint-free cloth for sparkling results.
Let’s take a look at some of the beautiful ruby pieces we feature here at Goldstein’s Jewelers.
Check out this lovely ruby and diamond bangle. There are 17 round rubies weighing 48/100 total carats and 16 round diamonds weighing 34/100 total carats. The bracelet is 14K white gold.
This diamond and ruby ring has an elegant milgrain edge and is set in 14k white and yellow gold.
This ruby and diamond necklace features a pear-shaped ruby measuring at 9x6 millimeters and weighs 1.31 carats. The 24 round diamonds weigh 33/100 total carats. The necklace is 14K white gold with an 18-inch chain.
And don’t forget the matching earrings! These pear-shaped rubies measure 7.00x4.50 millimeters and weigh 1.02 total carats. The 62 round diamonds weigh 22/100 total carats. The earrings are 14K white gold.
For more information on the pieces you see here, stop by Goldstein’s Jewelry or check out our website at www.goldsteinsjewelry.com. Since 1879 we have provided quality diamonds, gemstones, and jewelry to our loyal customers. Find us on Facebook or give us a call at 251-460-9050 today.
© Southern View Media 2018: Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. “We Put You Online So You Don't Get Left Behind.”