Posted on Thursday, September 13th, 2018 at 1:57 pm by Richard
Sapphires are beautiful gemstones typically known for their deep blue saturated hue. They are comprised of a variety of the mineral corundum, an aluminum oxide. Although most people think of sapphires as being blue, they can come in a wide range of colors such as green, purple, white, yellow, pink, orange, grey, brown and black. They are mined from all over the world including Afghanistan, Australia, Myanmar/Burma, Cambodia, China, Colombia, India, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malawi, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, United States and Vietnam. One of the most popular sapphires on the planet is the engagement ring that Prince Charles gave to Princess Diana, now worn by Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge.
- Here are a few fun facts about sapphires:
- Sapphires are one of the most durable naturally occurring elements in the world.
- They are used to symbolize nobility and faithfulness.
- During the middle ages, Europeans believed that sapphires cured eye diseases and preserved chastity.
- They were worn by kings during Medieval times to protect them from their enemies and against evil.
- The British Royal family aren’t the only famous royals that love sapphires; French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte gave Josephine a sapphire engagement ring.
- Additionally, sapphire engagement rings were all the rage during the Victorian era.
- Sapphires are the birthstone of the zodiac sign Virgo.
To care for your sapphire properly apply a mixture of mild liquid soap and warm water and gently scrub your sapphire using a soft toothbrush. Immediately rinse with clean warm water and dry with a lint-free cloth for sparkling results.
Let’s take a look at some of the beautiful sapphire pieces we feature here at Goldstein’s Jewelers.
Wouldn’t you love to sparkle in this bracelet donned with princess cut sapphires and accented with round diamonds?
Or just take a look at this gorgeous sapphire and diamond flower pendant!
If a ring is what you’re more interested in, this features sapphires surrounded by diamonds.
And finally, to break with tradition, check out this lovely orange sapphire and diamond fan pendant.
For more information on the pieces you see here, stop by Goldstein’s Jewelers or check out our website at www.goldsteinsjewelry.com. Since 1879 we have provided quality diamonds, gemstones and jewelry to our loyal customers. Find us on Facebook, check out our website www.goldsteinsjewelry.com, or give us a call at 251-460-9050 today.
© Hummingbird and South 2018: Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. “We Put You Online So You Don't Get Left Behind.”